Hectic Weeks are here to stay for now

February 19th, 2013 ddluu15

Hi everyone,

I’m so sorry I haven’t been posting as much because to be frank, it has been crazy because I am applying to a lot of summer programs. Before you go, “wait, Dan, you’re not going to be doing research again? Why?” hear me out. There are a few reasons as to why I’m not doing research at Holy Cross this summer; the first is that professor Webster is not running her lab this summer for her own reasons, which wouldn’t let me stay anyways. I was deciding not to do summer research before I heard this anyways, because I would like to do something else. I am applying to other awesome research (not to say that my research isn’t awesome, it is) areas with programs around my area and in California. I want to mainly branch out and experience other aspects of research and not limit myself to my possibilities. Even though I may not get into these programs and don’t really have a back-up, I just want to see where I can get in and hope I will. So this is really keeping my weeks really busy along with my own classes.

So far I’ve had an application due, exam, and a draft for my paper all due today. It’s been crazy, and next week is the week before spring break which will also be pretty hectic as well. I’m working on my final applications to submit to summer programs and I hope I can get into them, otherwise I think I’ll be taking summer classes to get rid of some more common area requirements. Once Spring break comes I’m going to be going to NURDs (Northeast Undergraduate Research and Development) conference to present my work from the summer. I’m excited for that, but not ecstatic with all of the other things that I have going on. Well that’s a quick update from me, back to studying, writing, and applying.

Best,

Dan